READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN THE WORLD OF HYBRID HOSTING?
Position: Network Engineer
Experience Required: 5 plus Years
Location: Bangalore / WFH
Shift time: Rotational Shift Job (Please apply only if you’re willing to work in Night shift)
About the job
We are currently inviting applications for the position of Network Engineer
We are looking for a customer service-oriented Network Engineer with 5+ years of relevant experience. This person will play a key service delivery and support role for UnitedLayer operations, including supporting and maintaining UnitedLayer data center infrastructure, servers, and networks, and directly supporting UnitedLayer customers. This person will be asked to be on-call on an as-needed basis.
- Establishes a networking environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- Maximizes network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network architects on network optimization.
- Secures network system by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
- Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Reporting network operational status by gathering, prioritizing information; managing projects
- Monitor network usage anticipate problems and suggest solutions
- Work closely with colleagues to meet team goals
- B A or BS in a technical field or a relevant combination of education and experience preferred
- 5+ years of expertise in implementing administering and troubleshooting network infrastructure devices, including firewalls, routers, switches, wireless access points and controllers and monitoring applications
- Knowledge in application transport and network infrastructure protocols like SSL/TLS, DHCP, WIND, HTTP, LDAP
- Solid understanding of firewall configuration and maintenance of Juniper SRX, SSG, Cisco ASA, IOS
- Solid understanding of configuration, installation, troubleshooting and supporting network equipments
- Solid understanding of Load balancer configuration: F5, Citrix NetScaler
- Past experience working for NA, Europe or Australia companies
- Tier two support experience
- At least holding CCNP certificate … advantages for CCIE
- Good understanding of routing (dynamic routing, static) and Site-to-site VPN configuration
- Configuration and troubleshooting of VLANs, VLAN Trunks, VTP, Spanning Tree
- Virtual networking in cloud environments (VMware, Openstack)
- Good understanding of DC switching protocols and products like Cisco Nexus series, Arista, etc.
- Good to have knowledge of public cloud networking technologies for major public clouds viz AWS, Azure, GCP
- Good to have knowledge of network automation tools and technologies
- Experience in maintaining enterprise level infrastructure including private clouds
- Experience with virtualization stacks, including VMware, KVM and Xen
- Excellent communication skills with customer facing experience
- Good troubleshooting skills and ability to identify and resolve problems quickly
- Ability to work alone and as part of team
- Experience with Palo-Alto is an asset
- Experience providing direct customer support