No. of Position
Experience: A hands-on Windows Systems Engineer with 8+ years of relevant experience with strong experience in Windows, VMware, and cloud/bare metal technologies with an ability to take part and influence architectural and technology decisions.
UnitedLayer is extending our operations organization in India and therefore are looking for a system engineer to support our data center operations from Bangalore. The Systems Engineer will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments. This individual will also mentor and provide guidance to the Systems Engineer staff.
Must Have Attributes
- Expert knowledge and deep experience in Azure/AWS/ Cloud/SaaS/PaaS technologies and use cases.
- Strong knowledge of cloud security and compliance practices.
- Broad knowledge of enterprise systems in general and cloud and Internet technologies in particular, and the ongoing development of both.
- Proven ability and experience in systems analysis and cloud/hybrid architectures.
- Able to consultatively and strategically architect cloud-based systems to support strategic goals.
- Experience working in customer facing data center operations with SLA above 99.9%
- Experience working on virtualization technologies on VMware platform
- Experience working on virtualization technologies on Microsoft platform
- Experience on SAN technologies (dedicated SAN and hyper converged solutions)
- Well experienced & amp; hands on experience configuration & management/support of DNS, AD, IIS, .NET- AD experience
- Experience with SNMP, TACACS+, SYSLOG and system monitoring tools
- Strong knowledge in Server H/W and Capacity planning
- Excellent Communication skills and interpersonal skill with ability to clearly articulate ideas for Senior technical stakeholders.
- Must be able to work with executive leadership to help align stakeholder needs and demands with the Cloud Services platform roadmap and overall hosting strategy.
- Must be willing to work closely with strategic partners to maximize our relationships, which could entail partner training and other activities.
- Must be capable of working in a self-directed manner with minimal guidance in order to provide current and forward-looking consultation on cloud technologies.
Knowledge & Experience
- Proven experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software systems, applications, and related products.
- Proven experience with systems planning, security principles, and general software management best practices.
- Good project management skills.
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.