MOVING TO THE CLOUD
“As people are moving to managed services or cloud based services they depend a lot more on their provider for security.”
Approximately 90 percent of companies are using some form of cloud computing today. For non-adopters, security is the biggest concern – but what they may not be aware of is that security is also the biggest benefit of moving to the cloud. For an organization considering moving to managed services or cloud-based services, they rely on their provider for security. While you are at the mercy of your hosting provider, there are several things that you need to know to ask to make sure that you are being properly covered.
Questions you should ask your provider include:
- What policies and procedures do they have in place?
- Do they have several layers of protection and who has access to the application layer where your desktops run?
- How much storage does your current site have? Is there room to expand and grow?
- How often do they execute software updates?
- Does your system support virtual machines?
Find out more about how UnitedLayer is helping its customers Move to the Cloud. Watch Aaron Hughes, UnitedLayer Chief Network Architect talk about Moving to the Cloud and what you need to know.